OlyPets In-Home Pet Care
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Nature's Variety Issues Voluntary Recall of Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula for Dogs and Cats
|Posted on February 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM||comments (231)|
Nature’s Variety has announced a voluntary recall of one batch of Instinct® Raw Organic Chicken Formula with a "Best if Used By" date of 10/04/13. This action is being taken because pieces of clear plastic may be found in some bags and could cause a potential choking risk to pets. The source of plastic has been identified and the issue has been resolved.
The affected product is strictly limited to a single batch of Organic Chicken Formula with the “Best if Used By” date of 10/04/13. This includes:
• UPC# 7 69949 60137 1 – Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula medallions, 3 lbs. bag
• UPC# 7 69949 70137 8 – Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula medallions, 27 lbs. case
• UPC# 7 69949 60127 2 – Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula patties, 6 lbs. bag
• UPC# 7 69949 70127 9 – Instinct Raw Organic Chicken Formula patties, 36 lbs. case
The "Best if Used By" date is located on the back of the package below the "Contact Us" section. The affected product was distributed through retail stores and internet sales in the United States and Canada. No other products were impacted.
Nature’s Variety became aware of a potential issue after receiving a consumer complaint. The source of the issue was identified and resolved. To date, there have been no reports of harm to dogs or cats.
Reed Howlett, CEO of Nature’s Variety, stated, "At Nature’s Variety we take quality and safety very seriously. We believe that under all circumstances, the health and safety of pets comes first."
Consumers feeding the affected product should discontinue use and monitor their pet’s health, and contact their veterinarian if they have concerns. Consumers who have purchased one of the above products can obtain a full refund or exchange by either returning the product in its original packaging or bringing a proof of purchase back to their retailer.
Consumers with additional questions can call the Nature’s Variety Consumer Relations team at 1.888.519.7387 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST. Or, click here to email us directly.
For media inquiries, please contact Jeff Dezen at JDPR by phone (864.233.3776, ext. 11) or email ([email protected]).
- OlyPets In-Home Pet Care (1)
- Bravo recall (1)
- California Natural recall (2)
- EVO recall (2)
- Healthwise recall (2)
- Innova recall (2)
- Natura Pet Food recall (2)
- Iams recall (2)
- Karma recall (1)
- holiday safety (1)
- Zeal recall (1)
- pet safety (1)
- dog medication (1)
- heartworm medicine recall (1)
- Iverhart recall (1)
- healthy dog food (1)
- Homemade dog bisquits (1)
- homemade dog treats (1)
- Eukanuba recall (1)
- Boots & Barkley recall (1)
- dog jerky treat recall (3)
- Dog-friendly hikes (1)
- Olympic Peninsula dog-friendly hikes places (1)
- cat food recall (8)
- Nature's Variety recall (1)
- pet food recall (9)
- Best Bully Stick recall (1)
- BIXBI recall (1)
- dog pet food recall (11)
- Colorado Naturals recall (1)
- Nature's Deli recall (1)
- Petco brand recall (1)
- Nutri-Vet recall (1)
- NutriPet recall (1)
- Honest Kitchen recall (1)
- Thrive recall (1)
- Verve recall (1)